Effective date: July, 2021
Information We Collect and Receive
When you use or access the Services, we may collect or receive personal information. This may include personal information we receive from your coworking space or facility or information we collect from you. This information may include the following:
Information We Receive from Others: We may receive personal information from the coworking space, for purposes such as communicating with you and inviting you to create a CoWorks account or to use the Services. This personal information may include:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and job title.
- If you supplied your payment information to your coworking space (such as a credit card or account number), we may receive that information to allow you to pay invoices through the Services.
- Any other information you provide to your coworking space that they request to facilitate our services.
Information We Collect from You:
- If you choose to create a Coworks account, we may collect personal information to facilitate your use of the Services. This personal information may include your contact information, payment card information (such as a credit card or account number to allow you to pay invoices through the Services), or information you submit through the Services to contact your coworking space (such as to report a maintenance issue, submit feedback, or ask questions).
- If you choose to use our directory services, you may choose to provide us with personal information such as your name, photograph, email address, phone number, job title, company name, and company URL.
- If you are an employee of a coworking space, we may collect personal information from or about you, such as when you fill out a contact form or request information about our services. This personal information may include your contact information (such as your name, organization, email address, and phone number), information about your organization (such as the name of your coworking space, the coworking space’s website URL, the number of users, membership plans, square footage and floorplan information), and where you are located (such as your space’s address).
- We may collect any other information you choose to provide about yourself or your organization when you contact us or otherwise engage with us through the Services, such as when you request information or engage in our chat features.
Information We Collect Automatically: We also may collect certain other information automatically when you engage with the Services, such as:
- Browser and Device Information: Certain information is automatically collected by most websites, such as information about your device and your browser. For example, we may receive device identifiers such as IP address and MAC address, operating system, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Search engine and other referrals: When a third party refers you to our Services, such as clicking on a link to our page from a Google search, or clicking on an online ad for our services, we will receive some information about your device and your interaction with the referring site or content.
- Location Information: We may receive your approximate location or data that indicates your approximate location, such as your IP address. If you choose to enable location services through our App or mobile websites, we will receive your precise real-time location data. We use that information to help you locate the nearest coworking space or nearby event, to allow you to check-in, access wifi, access physical equipment, or to confirm reservations at a coworking location.
Why We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information that we collect about you for purposes that include the following:
- Providing the Services and supporting the features available to you.
- Delivering services to make your use of the coworking space more convenient, including access to features such as a member directory, room booking, member resources and coworking space instructions, automated bill pay, front desk check-in, or other services offered by your coworking space.
- Personalizing your digital and mobile experience with us, such as enhancing features and designing relevant alerts, products, or services.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our organization and our services.
- Understanding how you and our clients use our Services and to determine what features and services may interest you and our clients.
- To communicate with you and others, including responding to requests and providing promotional content.
- Trouble-shooting, de-bugging, and otherwise addressing issues that may arise with the functionality of the Services.
- Protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of records or information, our organization, our Service users, and others, including detecting and preventing fraud, misuse of the Services, and other unauthorized activity.
- Complying with industry standards, applicable law, judicial process, any properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or any subpoena or summons issued by a competent authority.
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
[We also may aggregate or de-identify personal information by removing any details that identify you personally. Aggregated or de-identified information will not be subject to this Policy.]
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We may disclose personal information:
- To your coworking space to facilitate the services offered.
- To other users of your coworking space, such as your directory information.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and the Services.
- To government agencies or others as necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and consistent with other purposes authorized by law.
- To other organizations, such as a buyer or other successor in interest in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale, exchange, or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- We also will disclose information for any purpose or to any organization that you authorize or permit, such as when we request your consent to share your information and you agree.
Additional Information for Residents of the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK
This section applies only to personal information we receive from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (“UK”). To the extent we act as a “controller”, consumers located in these regions may have the right to request access to, correction of, erasure of, or the transfer of your personal information. Consumers located in these regions may also have the right to request to make choices about disclosures of their personal information, including the right to object to or restrict the processing of such information. You may exercise these rights, if applicable, by contacting us in the “Contacting Us” section of this Policy. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with an EEA, Swiss, or UK supervisory authority, as applicable.
We may not be able to accommodate all requests, such as when we only act as a “processor” with respect to personal information we collect or receive on behalf of a coworking space in connection with the services we provide or when we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. When we collect information under the direction of, and receive information from, the coworking space, we may have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we process under these circumstances. If you are a user of a coworking space located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, and would like to make an inquiry or complaint, please contact your coworking space directly.
International Data Transfers
We may transfer personal information to the United States or other countries that may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. Some of these jurisdictions may not have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other relevant authorities to provide a comparable level of protection to that of the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK. When we transfer personal information subject to the data protection laws of these regions, we will rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, such as the standard contractual clauses, or another appropriate framework.
We respect your privacy and offer choices regarding our collection and use of your personal information:
- You may choose not to provide the personal information we request. However, not providing information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Services. For example, we will not be able to provide users of the coworking space with most of the features available through our Services if you do not register as a member.
- You may opt out of location services through our mobile app and mobile website by changing your device settings to prohibit location tracking, or blocking our app from collecting your location data.
- You may opt out of push notifications using your device settings.
- You may opt out of emails and text messages using the opt-out mechanism provided with those messages.
- You may edit and control the visibility of your profile. You can choose to limit the information you include in your profile. If you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may be able to restrict the collection of personal information or functionality through your device’s operating system or by disabling cookies, but doing so may prevent you from using the functionality of the Services. Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time the Services do not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to use the Services to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
We maintain safeguards intended to protect the personal information collected through the Services. The security of your personal information also depends on you. If you have created an account, please safeguard and do not share your access credentials and make sure your devices and software are up-to-date to ensure the latest security measures are installed.
We use payment card processors during order processing. Your payment data is delivered directly from the browser to the payment card processors, who handle your payment card data subject to industry standards regarding security.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.